What do we need?
Coconut -1 grated finely, Kiwis – 2, green chillies finely chopped, salt, red chillis, roasted bengal gram (chana daal, tamarind slices-2 to 3 pods,coriander finely chopped, curry leaves-a little bunch, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, oil to fry, Jaggery – 1 small cup grated.
How do we prepare it?
1. Peel the kiwi and cut them into flay slices as shown in the picture.
2. In a non stick pan, add a bit of ghee and roast the Kiwis carefully so they are not burnt.Remove from heat once the water starts to evaporate.
3. Grate the coconut and also the Jaggery. Finely chop the green chillis.
4. Roast the bengal gram ( chana daal ) and make a fine powder in a grinder.
5. In a grinder/blender mix all the ingredients along with chopped pieces of the roasted Kiwis. Pour a little water and blend to a coarse chutney consistency.
6. In a non stick pan, add a little bit of oil and mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asfoetida, curry leaves and mix the chutney mixture.
Serve hot with idli or dhokla!