What do we need?
Apples -3, green chillies – 4, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, oil, wheat flour – 2 cups, lemon juice – 1 small cup.
How do we prepare it?
1. Wash and grate the apples. Leave the skin on.
2. Chop the green chillies into vertical slices, mix them in lemon juice, add turmeric and let them soak for half an hour. Gently pound them if required.
3. In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1 spoon oil, grated apple and the green chillies.
4. Knead this mixture into a dough and allow it to rest for 1 or 2 hours.
5. Once the dough is rested and ready to make parathas, get nice round balls made from it.
6. Put dry flour over the balls and make round shaped rotis. Now apply ghee on it, fold one side of roti and again apply ghee on it. Repeat this process while simultaneously folding into a square.
7. Once the paratha is flattened, it should be round as seen here.
8. Cook the paratha on slow flame using little bit of ghee in a non stick pan.
9.Serve the yummy parathas with daal tadka and chilled yogurt for maximum effect!