What do we need ?
Guavas (3, chopped into large pieces and seeds removed carefully ), Green chillies – 2 , tamarind pulp – 1 small cup, 2 sweet limes (juiced), 2 lemons (juiced), red chillies , coconut , Jaggery , black pepper powder, salt & red chilli powder, curry leaves, coriander, cumin seeds
How to prepare it ?
1. Wash and chop the guavas into large pieces and remove the seeds.
2. Slice the green chillis lengthwise. Cut up the fresh coconut into small pieces and grate the Jaggery.
3. In a non stick pan , add a little bit of oil and cumin seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add curry leaves and sauté for 2 minutes & remove from heat.
4. In a mixer, add all the ingredients along with the chopped guava and the cumin seeds – curry leaves mix. Add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and blend to a smooth paste.
5. Guava chutney is ready ! Serve with chapati or butter naan. You can also use it for sandwiches !