How do we prepare it?
- Take fresh hibiscus petals in a bowl. Put them in boiling water to remove impurities for 10 minutes and then keep aside to cool.
2. Chop the petals finely once they are cool.
3. In a pan, take milk (2-4 cups) and add the chopped hibiscus flower petals.Start to boil the milk and flower mix till the milk loses water and begins to thicken.
4. Keep stirring continuously and add powder sugar and ghee to it. Boil it further till the milk thickens and the mixture is cooked. Remove it from the heat now.
5. In a non stick pan, add a little ghee. Chop dry fruits like almonds, cashews and pistachios. Roast them well with cardamom powder.
6. Add this roasted dry fruits mixture to the hibiscus halwa and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla on top!