What do we need ?
This sweet puri recipe is high on calories and rich in its value as we add wonderful dry fruits, milk and sugar syrup in its making. You can add any dry fruits of your choice, we have used a few of our own choice.
How to prepare it ?
1.Soak dry fruits like almonds , cashews, pistachios and dry figs overnight in water.
2. In the morning , remove the skin of the almonds and soak the dry fruits along with raisins in a glass of chilled milk.
3. After soaking in milk for around 30 minutes, put them in a mixer. Also add 3-4 cardamoms and 1/2 cup sugar. Grind to a fine paste by adding milk to loosen it.
4. Take 1 cup of rice flour and 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and add ghee to it. Knead into a dough by using milk and mix the dry fruits paste in the making of the dough.
5. Place a wet cloth over the dough and leave it aside for 1 hour.
6. Make triangular 3 layer puris and deep fry them in oil.
7. In a pan, add one cup of sugar and 1/2 cup water and heat till the sugar syrup forms.
8. Dip your puris in the syrup and remove. Serve hot !