- Wash and finely chop 1 small cabbage.
- We will also need 5 lemons, mustard seeds and methi seeds (fenugreek seeds).
- Dry roast the fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Transfer the roasted fenugreek and mustard seeds into a grinder and make a fine powder.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped cabbage with red chili powder and salt as per taste preference.
- To this mixture,add the fenugreek and mustard powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan till warm.Let it cool and then pour it in the bowl and mix well.
- Add lemon juice extracted from the lemons. Mix well.
- Spicy cabbage pickle is now ready and can be stored in glass/porcelain jars for use.