- To make bottle gourd paneer barfi, grate the bottle gourd finely. If you are using frozen paneer pieces, put them in boiled water for half an hour and then crumble them.
2. We will need dry fruits like almonds, cashews & raisins. We will also require cardamoms for taste enhancement and sugar for sweetness.
3. Peel the cardamoms and grind them to a fine powder using a pestle.
4. For a green color bottle gourd barfi, in a plate, take green food color. Add milk to it and mix well. The milk should be cold. This is an optional step, you may omit it if you do not want to use food coloring.
5. Pour a little ghee in a kadhai (frying pan). Add the grated bottle gourd to it and cook till all the water in the vegetable gets evaporated.
6. Once the grated bottle gourd loses all water, add the sugar (as per preference) and stir continuously till all the additional water from the sugar gets evaporated too.
7. Once the water gets evaporated, add the crumbled paneer to it and stir well till the mixture thickens.
8. Add the food color to it and keep stirring to remove the water. In the end add the cardamom powder and mix well.
9. Before removing from the heat, add the dry fruits and mix till tender.
10. Put into a glass plate and cut out squares or diamonds as per your preference for the shape of your barfi !