1. In order to make onion kheer, we will need three whole white/purple onions. Slice them up finely.
2. Take a pan and pour three glasses of water. Put the onions in the water and let it boil till the onions turn translucent.
3. Once the onions are well boiled till a translucent colour, remove and keep aside. Heat milk in a vessel and let it reduce to a thickness.
4. Add sugar after the milk is reduced to thickness. Also cut up cashews, almonds and raisins into small pieces. Make a powder of a bunch of cardamoms.
5. Ensure the powdered cardamom is as fine as possible.
6. Add all the ingredients to the milk and onion mixture and stir well and take off the heat after 2 minutes. Onion kheer is ready! Serve chilled 🙂