1. We will need two ripe Kiwis, two tomatoes, one big lemon and a bunch of Spinach.
2. Wash the spinach and chop finely. Keep aside.
3. Skin the Kiwis and chop finely.
4. We will use moong daal, red chillis, green chillis, 1/2 cup orange juice, cumin seeds, mustard seeds & coriander powder.
5. Now finely chop tomatoes and keep aside.
6. We will use asfoetida as well.
7. Cook the moong daal, tomatoes and spinach together in pressure cooker upto six whistles.
8. Once cooked, take a kadhai and put some oil , cumin seeds & mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
9. Add asfoetida as per preference and continue to sauté.
10. Add red and green chillies and sauté.
11. Add the cooked moong daal and spinach together.
12. Add the chopped fresh Kiwis and stir well. Let it simmer and add salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and a pinch of sugar and mix well. Add lemon and serve hot 🙂
Kiwi spinach daal goes well with parathas and a Thai salad. 🙂